Sustainability at AGTOS
The topic of sustainability has been with us for a long time. Our goal is to intensify these efforts even further. We accept our responsibility towards our employees and the environment. We are happy to inform our partners about our activities on this topic:
The Initiative Blue Competence
We are Alliance Member of the Sustainability Initiative Blue Competence. Blue Competence is an initiative of the VDMA for promoting and communication of sustainable solutions for the Mechanical Engineering Industry. By using the trademark “Blue Competence”, we commit ourselves to these twelve Sustainability Guidelines of the Mechanical Engineering Industry.
Sustainability Guidelines of the Mechanical Engineering Industry
Our comprehension of trendsetting sustainability is based on the principles of economic success, fairness, respect & responsibility and includes the dimensions of society, ecology & economy. We comprehend sustainable action in terms of the definition of the Brundtland-report1 and the definitions of the German “Rat für Nachhaltige Entwicklung2“.
- Sustainability is a crucial part of our company strategy.
- We create solid business schemes with sustainable values and secure entrepreneurial success.
Our technologies and solutions promote worldwide sustainable developments.
- Sustainable thinking and action are represented in our processes and products.
- We act with consideration of resources and stand up for climate protection.
- Our staff is our most valuable asset. We promote engagement and participation.
- We stand up for keeping the human rights.
- Our company is a habitat.
- We take responsibility in our region.
- We do, what we promise!
- We actively cultivate the network with all participants.
- We transparently communicate our sustainable action.
1 „Sustainable development meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations
to meet their own needs.“ (Brundtland-report, 1987)
2 „Sustainable development means to consider ecological aspects equal to social and economic aspects. Therefore, sustainable economy means: For our children and grandchildren, we must leave behind us a sound ecological and economic structure.“ (Rat für Nachhaltige Entwicklung, 2001)